Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acquired Taste Forum Index -> Applications received
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yakkul12
Proby

re: App: Yakkul12

The application submitted by Yakkul12 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Kuroto
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Sargeras
Level : 110
Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Arms
Spec 2 : Protect

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Did you read the Read Me forum post before starting this app?:
Yes

How old are you?:

What character are you applying with (i.e. the toon you expect to receive the invite on. Include name, class, main spec, off spec. Please provide an armory link):
Kuroto: Arms/Prot Warrior - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/kuroto

How did you hear about this guild and what made us stand out, for you, among all the other guilds?:
I heard about this guild during a late night browse on the forums while at work. The main reason I'm applying to this guild is because it's a group of mature folks (or so I hope). I've become a filthy casual when it comes to this game, that being said I don't have the time or patience anymore to sit there and raid for five hours a night, three nights a week.

Do you know anyone who is a MEMBER (not currently in probationary period) that would vouch for you.:
No

Do you have any other characters that you spend a significant amount of time on, but are NOT planning to transfer to this guild? If yes, why?:
No, I spend most of my time currently playing the warrior.

We want people who want to put down roots and call this guild home, not people who just appear for a few hours on raid nights and spend the majority of their WoW time playing on toons in other guilds. How does this guild vision match with yours?:
This is what I've been looking for in this game for a long time. Most of my friends quit so I mostly play by myself and have been searching for that guild to fill the void.

What are your expectations from the guild if you are invited?:
I expect an active guild that loves to converse and do everything from PvE, PvP, Transmog runs, etc. I highly dislike when a guild has active members but everyone is silent and just does their own thing. The whole purpose of a guild is to have some good laughs and enjoy the game together. Can't do that if the guild you're in feels like you're not even in a guild.

If you're interested in raiding and there's not an immediate full time opening - sometimes a fill in is needed for a week or two, and rarely a permanent spot is available. If nothing materializes for you, right away, what's your next step?:
I'd love to get into raiding, but my current schedule with work refrains me from raiding on a consistent schedule. I'm wholeheartedly content with filling in if it's needed, if nothing at all I'll just pug the raids as I have in the past.

What are a few things on your real life bucket list?:
- Separate from military
- Go to school for IT
- Find non shit job in either cyber security or networking
- Buy a house
- Travel the world

Someone hands you a Rubik's cube, what do you do with it?:
Attempt to solve it, give up in 5 minutes then say fuck it and toss it on the table.

Is there anything else you'd like to share with us about yourself or do you have any questions for us not covered in the Read Me?:
A little about me, I'm single, no kids, and I'm currently serving in the United States Air Force and I'm stationed over in South Korea until October of this year. Which means I'm 14 hours ahead of server time. After I finish my tour here I'll be headed to Phoenix, Arizona, where I'll be ending my enlistment and going to school. Other than gaming I love to spend my time out in the wilderness camping and fishing. Once I get back to the states I will be building a new 4Runner for the real overlanding experience. That's basically the gist about me, if you have any inquiries feel free to ask.

Do not fill out your application and abandon it, or it will be declined/locked. We expect you to follow up daily so that we can quickly make a decision. (clicking yes acknowledges that you'll check back here often):
Yes

Tell us a little about your three most recent guilds. What worked and what didn't work for you?:
The last guild that I remember was a guild made by my friends, family, and I at the beginning of this expansion. We cleared Emerald Nightmare on normal and heroic within the first week and then I left for South Korea and no longer could raid with them. I later found out everyone ended up quitting after a month anyway so it didn't really matter. With them it was doomed to fail because no one wanted to listen and everyone wanted to lead. Sure it was fun to play with them, but raiding with them was cancerous. But before that guild I haven't really been apart of a guild I called home since Wrath of the Lich King when I was apart of <Origins> and <Divine Vigilance>. Obviously those two guilds were prior top five guilds on Sargeras back in the day, so I don't really have any complaints about them, thoroughly enjoyed raiding with them back when I was super hardcore.

Kempfana
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Yakkul12 - by Halimus

Sucks that you aren't going to be back until October!  What kind of ping are you getting from over there anyway?

But everything looks a-ok to me. 

Typically I get between 150-300 ping. The game is definitely playable, there's no lag or delay whatsoever.

Halimus
Halimus
Guild Leader

Yakkul12 wrote:

Typically I get between 150-300 ping. The game is definitely playable, there's no lag or delay whatsoever.

Is that in a world setting or raids too?

Jac

I approve of your transmog. 

Yakkul12
Proby

Halimus wrote:
Yakkul12 wrote:

Jac

That's for everywhere. I do raids and pvp all the time with no issues.

Yakkul12
Proby

Halimus wrote:
Yakkul12 wrote:

Jac

Thanks lol, not sure which one you saw, I've been messing around with a lot of transmog.

Faldir!
Officer

Hi!  No concerns from me on the app.  If you are comfortable hopping on Discord and joining in a conversation I don't think you'll find any issue with cold-shoulders here.  /g chat is usually pretty dead but that's usually due to the fact that people are talking on Discord.  It's a yes for me.

Halimus
Halimus
Guild Leader

Welcome to Acquired Taste!  Find an officer when you're ready for an invite.

Jac

Guild Leader

And then?

No invite yet...has anyone seen him?

Jac

Hoping this doesn't mean military things are happening in Korea  image

Halimus
Halimus
Guild Leader

Onth wrote:

Hoping this doesn't mean military things are happening in Korea  image

Yeah that's kinda what I was wondering too.  I'll let this stay open for a bit til we know for certain.

Jac

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: