Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acquired Taste Forum Index -> Applications received
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strongisland

re: App: Strongisland

The application submitted by Strongisland is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Strongisland
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Sargeras
Level : 110
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Prot
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Did you read the Read Me forum post before starting this app?:
Yes

How old are you?:

What character are you applying with (i.e. the toon you expect to receive the invite on. Include name, class, main spec, off spec. Please provide an armory link):
Strongisland https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/strongisland

How did you hear about this guild and what made us stand out, for you, among all the other guilds?:
I heard about the guild from the forums.Seems like a good fit for me. I am 36 years of age, Military Vet, married with children. I am a casual player, I can get on only when my time is free, but i like running dungeons with guild mates instead of pugging. My most progressed toon is on gorgonnash, Brimras, and I have completed 5/10H NH so I have experience, Only if u guys are running raid at a time i could be on will i be able to run the raid with the grp, but i can be helpful in running things with the guild with the time that i am on. Have also a mage on sargeras named Lazheras that i would also bring to the guild if invited that is aslo 11o 875 ilvl. Stongisland my pally is 891 ilvl prot main spec at the moment.

Do you know anyone who is a MEMBER (not currently in probationary period) that would vouch for you.:
no

Do you have any other characters that you spend a significant amount of time on, but are NOT planning to transfer to this guild? If yes, why?:
Brimras- Gorgonnash at this time do not plan on moving him, but that could change.

We want people who want to put down roots and call this guild home, not people who just appear for a few hours on raid nights and spend the majority of their WoW time playing on toons in other guilds. How does this guild vision match with yours?:
sounds right up my alley

What are your expectations from the guild if you are invited?:
Just be somewhat social, and want to be able to play my game with friendly guildies.

If you're interested in raiding and there's not an immediate full time opening - sometimes a fill in is needed for a week or two, and rarely a permanent spot is available. If nothing materializes for you, right away, what's your next step?:
I can not commit to a schedule for raiding. So if the spot opens up on nights that I can raid, I do not mind being a sub if the guild needs me.

What are a few things on your real life bucket list?:
Beautiful Landscaping work to my home, whenever i could get some time to do it. Me and my wife going on an all enclusive trip out of the country for vacation.

Someone hands you a Rubik's cube, what do you do with it?:
spin in all directions .

Do not fill out your application and abandon it, or it will be declined/locked. We expect you to follow up daily so that we can quickly make a decision. (clicking yes acknowledges that you'll check back here often):
Yes

Tell us a little about your three most recent guilds. What worked and what didn't work for you?:
Just been hoping around this last couple of months trying to find a guild for me, mostly spam guilds because i left last guild. My last more permanent guild was great at the start of legion.In the last few months a lot of guildies left that i kinda had a game relationship with and just started spam recruiting to try and bring the numbers up, but the new people did make it feel inviting.

Faldir!
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Strongisland - by Halimus

Howdy Strongisland!  Thanks for taking the time to apply to the guild, and for your service.

It seems like what you are looking for aligns well with the AqT mantra.  We definitely do more than just raid, so you should have much trouble finding guildies to run with (or with them finding you).  A lot of guild interaction does take place in our Discord channel rather than /g or the forums, so definitely don't feel shy about joining in there if it seems like everyone is being eerily quiet in-game.  

Not that it is anything even resembling a deal-breaker, but just curious - is the Gorgonnash guild you are currently raiding with the same guild that you reference at the end of your app?  How much of your in-game time do you spend on that server vs. Sargeras?  I only ask because it can take more time to determine if the guild is a good fit (both ways) the less you are actively engaged with it.  

As long as you are good with the two points above, it's a 'yes' from me.  Will wait for the other officers to have a chance to weigh in though.  Thanks again for the app.

PS - we do allow one alt in the guild during your 'proby' period, so your mage could join right away if you so choose.

Strongisland

re: My DH on Gorgonnash

He was on Sargeras, I had toons on gorgonnash still in the old guild and moved him there to run stuff with some old guildies but they really aren't on that often at the times that I am. I really don't run anything with them.

Halimus
Halimus
Guild Leader

Looks good to me.

Welcome to Acquired Taste!  Find an officer when you're ready for an invite.

Jac

Invited 07Jun2017.  Welcome to AqT! 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acquired Taste Forum Index -> Applications received All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: